- Little to no experience required
- Basic training September – December
- Choose your role(s), OK to change
- Flexible – job or other activities are no problem
- Build season January – March
- Competition season March – April
Watch our social media for details on Callout (school day) and our first fall meeting (evening).
What is FIRST Robotics Competition® (FRC) like?
FIRST Robotics Competition, for Grades 9-12, is described as the ultimate “Sport for the Mind”™️ and “the hardest fun you’ll ever have.” Engage with your peers and our mentors in a small business environment.
- Student focused experience
- Hands on learning
- Exciting competition
- Meet people, make friends
- Learn job & life skills
- Leadership opportunities
What is FIRST?
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to promoting STEM education through a continuum of mentor-based programs for young people pre-K – Grade 12.
All Students Are Encouraged to Join!
- Maverick Robotics provides a welcoming, safe environment where all participants can learn and have fun. We make a conscious effort to reflect the community we serve.
- FIRST is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- ALL young people should have the opportunity to become science and technology leaders. We embrace and encourage differences in race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, income, language, learning difference, or any other characteristics that make our adult-force and students unique.